You live with stress everyday, whether you are studying foe exams, meeting people, facing new experiences, or trying to live on a budget. You are not alone. Everyone around you regardless of gender, age, race or income is dealing with stress today.
Stress has long term and short term effects on our mind as well as body. While stress alone doesnt cause disease, it triggers the molecular changes throughout the body that make us susceptible for diseases.
Stress in itself isnt necessarily bad. What matters most is the individuals response to cope up with stress.
Here are top 10 stress busters that will help you:
1. Strive for balance: Review your comitments and plans, and if necessary scale down.
2. Get the facts: When faced with a challenge , seek accurate information which can bring your fears down.
3. Talk with someone you trust: A friend or a health proffesional can offer valuable prospective as well as psycological support.
4. Exercise: Take out 20-30 min several times a week to walk, swim, bicycle or jog.
5. Express yourself in writing: Keeping a diary is the best way to put your problems in aperspective.
6. Take care of yourself: Get enough sleep. Eat balanced diet. Limit your use of sugar, salt, smoking , alcohol etc.
7. Set priorities: Making a list of what you need to do and setting the priorities will help you direct your energies in proper direction.
8. Help others: This is one of the best ways of dealing with stress.
9. Cultivate hobbies: Pursuing a personal pleasure can distract you from the stress.
10. Master a form of relaxation: Choose either meditation, yoga or any other relaxation technique and master it.