Heart diseases is one of the most common lifestyle disease which can be definitely prevented by few changes in the lifestyle.
Here we present top 10 tips for healthy heart:
- Don’t smoke: There is no bigger favor you can do to your heart or lungs!
- Watch your weight: Even relatively modest gains can have a big effect on your risk of heart disease.
- Cut down on saturated fats and cholesterol: This can help prevent high blood cholesterol levels, obesity, and heart disease.
- Get moving: Engage in regular physical activity. A little is better than none, more is even better.
- Lower your stress levels: If too much stress is a problem in your life, try the relaxation techniques.
- Know your family history: Inheriting the predisposition to high blood pressure or heart disease means that your heart needs extra preventive care.
- Get your blood pressure checked regularly: Knowing your numbers can alert you to a potential problem long before you develop any symptoms.
- Tame your temper: Hostility can be hazardous for heart. Look for other ways of releasing frustration.
- Get a lipoprotein profile: You can’t know if your heart is in danger unless you know your cholesterol and lipid levels. Get a blood test after your physical examination.
- Take appropriate medications: Those with high cholesterol or high blood pressure should seek their physician’s advice.