Since ancient days we have seen baby massage. With the development of science many people believe baby massage isn’t good. Here we present you the top 10 tips on baby massage if done the scientific way and after training yourself:
- Massage is the practical way of communicating love and affection to babies.
- Babies need touch and movement for their healthy development of their brains.
- The sense of touch develops in the 4th week in the womb, but it takes 2 years from birth to establish the brain connections that enable rational and caring responses.
- This wiring is largely based on life experiences.
- Touch brings with it connection and communication, stimulation and relaxation, calming and healing.
- Babies need quality interaction with the adults closest to them to feel secure and free to explore.
- In urban industrialized world babies are most often separated from their parents. Babies are kept in cribs, carriers, and seats.
- Massage is the way to recreate active closeness, a structured mode of relating with babies dynamically and gently.
- It enhances the vestibular system, the part of our brain that coordinates our spatial awareness, sets a foundation for good posture, balance, flexibility and agility.
- Starting from 5-10 min initially to 10-20 min later on you can practice baby massage before bath to the baby. (Do if you are trained or get trained first)