Many times we have heard the debate between vegetarian and non-vegetarians. We always are left with what is good / bad for me!!
As per our study both the diets are good. Lets first understand few terms:
Lact-ovo-pesco-vegetarians: They eat dairy products, eggs, chicken, fish but not read meat.
Lact-o-veg: Eat dairy products as well as grains , fruits and vegetables.
Ovo-Lacto-Veg: They eat eggs.
Vegans: Pure vegetarians
If you eat vegetarian diet with balancing all the nutrients in it. It has a lot of benefits like:
- Vegetarian food keeps your cholesterol on low levels.
- Very few times you see vegetarian people fat.
- They have less risk for heart disease.
- They have lower risk of cancer of stomach, breast, colon, prostate etc
- They usually do not suffer from gastrointestinal diseases, constipation ,acidity, hemorrhoids.
- Vegetarian food is the best anti-ageing food.
- It helps in detoxification of the body.
- Vegetarian food is rich in fibre which helps in increasing the HDL (high density lipoproteins) ie. good cholesterol.
- Vegetarian diet helps in maintaining the blood sugar levels.
- It overall boosts your immunity helping you fight various infections.
GO GREEN!! BE HEALTHY…