Our most special relationships are those that bring us closer to others– our friends partners, spouses, parents and children. Such a intimacy is the most rewarding and often the most demanding of human involvements. The giving of ourselves to others, sharing thoughts, feelings, experiences, and sexual pleasures touches the essence of what it means to be human.
Like physical well being psychological health is important too. Psychological health refers to both emotional and mental states, our feelings and thoughts. For a good mental health we have to be involved in a good relationship which has a lot of care , love and respect.
Find out whether the relation that you are sharing today, matches with our characteristics:
1.Trust: Partners are able to confide each other openly, knowing their confidences will be respected.
2. Togetherness: In a healthy relationship, two people create a sense of intimacy and autonomy. They enjoy each others company but also pursue solitary interests.
3. Expressiveness: Partners in healthy relationships say what they feel, need and desire.
4. Staying Power: Couples in committed relationships keep their bond strong through tough times by proving that they will be there for each other.
5. Security: Because a good relationship is strong enough to absorb conflict and anger, partners know they can express their feelings honestly. They also are ready to take risk vulnerability for the sake of becoming closer.
6. Laughter: Humor keeps things in perspective, always crucial in any sort of ongoing relationship.
7. Support: Partners in good relationship always offer each other encouragement, comfort and acceptance.
8. Physical affection: Sexual desire may fluctuate or diminish over years, but partners in loving, long term relationship usually retain some physical connection.
9. Personal growth: In the best relationships partners are committed to bringing out the best in each other and have the others best interests at heart.
10. Respect: Caring partners are bound to each others boundaries, need for personal space,and vulnerabilities. They do not take each other or relationship for granted.