As Parents we are always very anxious and eager and excited with all mixed kind of feelings for our baby. What the child would love eating? what should we serve? Would that be healthy and many more questions we get.
Here are few tips that will help you to choose right:
1. After 1 year the child should be started on variety of foods so that they develop a taste for healthy food.
2. Your job is to introduce new flavors and textures.
3. Babies have little tummies so serve food that are packed with nutrients required to grow healthy and strong. Limit the intake of sweets and chocolates.
4. Always remember you decide what variety of food to offer at a meal and your child decides which of those to eat and how much to eat!!
- Give milk 2-3 times a day either cows or buffaloes milk
- If your child doesn’t like milk make milk preparations like flavored milk using various fruits.
- Give fruits in abundance
- Do not peel the skin of fruits as they are nutritious in vitamins and minerals
- Encourage to have fresh fruit juice but avoid adding sweeteners to it
- Avoid canned fruits and juices as they contain sugar and preservatives
7. Rice & Chapati:
- Use whole wheat ( don’t throw away the bran)
- Rice will give your child plenty of vitamin B.
- Green , orange, red, yellow all these vegetables are important
- Use water boiled for these vegetables in making various soups for the child
- Do not overcook. You can smash the vegetables using a spoon for the child.
- Make sure you include foods like pulses, dal, grams , peanuts , peas, beans, eggs etc in diet.
- Sprouted grams or moong is good for digestion and overall health.
10. Chocolates / Cold drinks:
- Avoid chocolates as far as possible
- Do not give your child tea or coffee or cold drinks as they contain caffeine and it might ruin your child’s appetite.