Its very difficult to resist the delicious mouth watering fast foods. Here are some tips for the healthy way for fast foods:
- For breakfast avoid croissants or muffins stuffed with eggs or meat. They pack as many as 700 calories. Better options are plain scrambled eggs ( 150-180 calories), pancakes without butter or syrup and English muffins.
- For lunch or dinner if you want meat go for plain hamburgers (no cheese), which average 275-350 calories. Roasted beef which is lower in fat and calories is even better.
- Be wary of fast food fish. With frying oil trapped in the breading and creamy tartar sauce on the top, fried fish sandwiches supply more calories (425-500) and fat than regular hamburgers.
- Avoid fried chicken, the coatings tend to retain the oil. Select bites from chicken breast.
- Ask for unsalted items. They are available.
- If you sample the salad bar, steer clear of mayonnaise, oily vegetable salads and rich dressings.
Read more: Top 10 ideas to eat smart